Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Talk About Me Tuesday- Dear Mommy Brain



What's your name?
Jen.  Jenny.  Jennifer.  Penn.  Penner.  Pendenda.  Plus another nickname that my mother gave me when I was 3.  That I will never tell you.  I’ve also advised my mom to never to tell you.  Even if under penalty of death.  Even if you offer her chocolate cake.

Tell me a bit about yourself and your family.
I am a 30-something, working mother of one crazy toddler in search of her sanity.  Without my good-intentioned husband helping with the cooking, cleaning, and diaper-changing, I would be a full-on mess.  Completing the menagerie is a co-dependent, neurotic, spaz of a dog and an evil, whiny, drive-by pooping cat.  Welcome to my circus.

What's the name and link to your blog?
You can stalk me at Dear Mommy Brain.  You can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter!  Not that I know how to use social networks…  But all the cool kids are doing it.  And I hate to be left out.

What is your blog about/What do you like to write about in your blog?
I have a hard time with labels.  Let me clarify.  I have a hard time identifying labels.  I love the structure of labels.  It makes my OCD happy.

But I am a cloth-diapering, real food eatin’, obsessively cheap, slightly crunchy, aspiring organization junkie.  So that’s what I write about.

What inspired you to start a blog?
I had been casually blogging to keep in touch with friends for a couple years when I stumbled upon The Pioneer Woman’s site.  I quickly fell in love and began to stalk her.  Soon, stalking wasn’t enough.  I wanted to BE her.  Well, without the impressions.  I know my limitations.

Do you have any blogging pet peeves?
I am plagued with awful eyesight and a short attention span, so blogs jam-packed with busy backgrounds, flashing buttons, and dancing babies aren’t my thing.  I also get really cranky when people obsess about “following.”  I really love when people enjoy my blog and want to read my posts, but I’m sorry, I may not follow back.  Don’t take it personally.  It’s not you, it’s me.

Do you have any big goals for your blog?
Would I love to be Heather Armstrong or Ree Drummond?  Sure!  But not really.  That’s a lot of pressure.  But if I can run a successful blog that continues to provide valuable information in an entertaining way?  That would be marv-e-lous. 

As for right now, I’m happy focusing on improving the quality of my writing and visual content.  Not to overhype, but I’ve got some exciting stuff on the horizon.  Assuming I can get what’s in my head on paper (screen?).

What are some of your favorite blogs to read?
My blogroll is all over the place.  Everyday I read The Frugal Girl, Money Saving Mom, and Life as Mom as well as some smaller blogs, like Are we there yet?, Sara’s Organized Chaos, and Little Big.  And I nearly pee myself with excitement when Hyperbole and a Half does a new post.  I just love her.  But I could read blogs all day.  I really enjoy hearing what other people have to say and seeing all the different view points.  And laughing.  I love me some funny.

Thank you Jen for sharing! If  YOU would like to be featured on Talk About Me Tuesday, please email me answering the same questions Jen did! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love by leaving a comment! <3

ShareThis