Friday, March 4, 2011

Fun With Food Friday! Week 1!



Welcome to Fun with Food Friday! I am excited to bring you new recipes each week that YOU, my followers, have sent me, and I review!

This week I am going to give a favorite recipe in OUR house! Both Brian and Noah LOVE it! It's fairly easy to make and makes for a great meal for the family or even for guests!!

Italian Breaded Pork Chops


Ingredients:
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
-4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped (I just use some garlic powder)
- 4 pork chops
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and milk. In a separate bowl mix the breadcrumbs and cheese. (I also mix the garlic powder in to that mixture).
3. Heat the olive oil in a large, oven proof skillet over medium heat. If you are using real garlic, stir in the garlic and cook until lightly browned. Remove garlic, reserving for other uses.
4. Dip each pork chop  into the egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly. Place coated pork chops into the skillet and brown about 5 minutes on each side.
5. Place the skillet and pork chops in oven and cook about 25 minutes.















Great with any side you choose!! We love this dish! Its not just your plain Jane breadcrumb coating. Noah will literally eat a whole pork chop when I make this! And not want to eat anything else on his plate! We have this at least once a week!

Check out Mama Chocolate for ANOTHER great recipe this week!!

If you have a great recipe, I'd LOVE to try it out and share it with my other followers! Plus if you send me a recipe, get 5 (FIVE) extra entries on any one of my current giveaways!! Please email me the recipe at mommyferg02@gmail.com! Thanks so much!! 

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!
    I'm going to be getting some pork chops to try it out next shopping trip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this last night! YUMMY! And so easy, too!
    Thanks for sharing it! I think it's going to be a regular around our house now too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love by leaving a comment! <3

ShareThis