Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New You 2011! Week One!!

Today is the official start of New You 2011!

If you read the preview post, then it explains a little about what New You 2011 is!

If you missed it here's a recap:
Sippy Cups and Cloth Bums and myself are hosting a brand spankin' new link-up! It's to help give support to fellow mothers (or anyone) who are struggling to lose weight and/or get it shape! It will be a weekly link-up that will take place on Thursday's. The linky will be live on our blogs every Wednesday night until Thursday night!
Each week we encourage you to make a blog post and include the New You 2011 button about what you did the previous week to lose weight or get in shape. This can include but not limited to: pounds lost, food you ate, exercise, goals, healthy eating questions, and even goals you didn't meet!
You do not have to have a blog to participate; you can just leave a comment on that week's thread with your weight loss, etc.

Today is going to be a get to know you type thing and an introduction to the bloggers/readers participating. Feel Free to post a picture of yourself, your weight goals, your biggest food weakness, weight (if you want to share), and anything else you want to share! Please make a New You 2011 post and grab the button code, and link you post to the linky below!

After linking up your blog post, feel free to visit some of the other blogs linked up and leave some words of encouragement or just say hello!!

Here's a bit about me and my weight loss goals!

This is my best "body" shot that I have lol. My name is Michelle. I'm 23 years old. I have always been a girl with some junk in the trunk and big hips and thighs. I got it from my mama haha! Even after giving birth to my son I was same weight as I was pre-pregnancy. But about 6 months ago I went on a birth control that made me gain about 12 lbs! I have been so unhappy with my body and the way I look. I went off the birth control in December and instantly lost about 3 lbs. Now I have about 10lbs to go to get back to where I was. Plus I REALLY want to get in shape. I know I'm not fat or anything, but I hate the flabby and the muffin top and my HUGE love handles. I'd love to be toned and fit. My goal is to lose 10lbs before the summer. I want to work out at least 4 days a week, 40 min a day. That may be tough being in school full time, but I'm going to try hard. My big weakness is chocolate and moutain dew and I'm going to try VERY hard to cut back!

6 comments:

  1. Will you laugh at me if I tell you I had to Google search muffin top. You are the 2nd person I have heard say this and I had no idea what it was so I had to search.
    10 lbs is HARD to lose. I've been working on it for a year now. So well ok...the hershey bars, Mt Dew, hot cocoa, lots of pasta, ice cream and fast food is not helping...but who's counting that right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!! Ten pounds is my first goal... followed by nine more of those! LOL! Who knew you could gain 100 pounds without much effort! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have struggled the Mountain Dew Addiction... it's no joke! I found it easier to quit if I was drank coffee instead that way I wasn't cutting out the caffeine.

    I was going to add my post to the link-up, but for some reason it thinks it isn't a valid address? I dunno.. so here it is. :)
    http://livinghiptoday.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55:new-you-2011-week-one&catid=31:general

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mountain Dew is so hard to break free from! I drink it every day..its like my coffee! I don't really like the taste of cofee and other sodas just don't do it for me. I really want to break the habit though because not only is it bad for my weight but its ruining my teeth too! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a Mt.Dew weakness too! I recently switched to diet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think 10 lbs by summer is a very reasonable goal. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love by leaving a comment! <3

ShareThis