Saturday, September 29, 2012

Traveling with Cloth Diapers!



We've traveled quite a bit this summer, four trips to be exact, and I've taken both disposables and cloth on these trips and suprisingly I have found cloth to be a lot easier than disposables! I know a lot of people worry about using cloth diapers while traveling so I thought I'd share my tips and tricks for making it easy!

1. Disposable liners or not, it can still be easy! On the trips that I took my cloth diapers I didn't bring liners because we were only gone for a few days. It was still really easy! I will say, if you are going to be gone for a long period of time and/or not going to have access to a washing machine disposable liners are probably a good idea.

2. Wetbags are your friend! I brought my pail liner with me on my trips but I also brought the few wetbags that I have too! And I got a lot of good use out of them! Not only are they great for the diaper bag while out, but they work well when you have that major stinky diaper and aren't going to be washing for another day or two! I would just stick all the yucky diapers in a wetbag and then stick the wetbag in the pail liner so that the smell would be super contained!


3. If you can, wash!  I didn't wash either time that I took my diapers with us but I would have if we were going to be gone long enough. I had access to a washing machine both times and I could have just brought a little bit of detergent to use and washed like I do at home. To me it is still easier than running to the store before a big trip and spending the money on a whole box of disposables you'll use just that one time. I don't know about you but the last thing I want to do is run to the store when I'm packing for a big trip! I already feel like I have to pack my whole house when traveling with two small kids!

Have you traveled with cloth diapers before? What did you use? Did you wash? Any tips for other moms planning to travel with cloth?

3 comments:

  1. I never traveled with the cloth. My husband wasn't a big fan of cloth diapers, so it was easier to keep him happy on long drives in the car by using disposables!
    http://13plumconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/09/you-never-scream-snake.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same as Emily, husband is a little reticent. The double wetbagging is a good suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We cloth diaper but when we traveled this summer we did disposables thinking it would be easier...well we ended up with major diaper rash! Never again! Sticking to the cloth.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love by leaving a comment! <3

ShareThis