Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Doing a Little Bit of Cloth Diaper Exploring

So, I'm a pockets gal when it comes to my cloth diapers. My stash is all pocket diapers except for one AI2 that I have. But lately I've been doing some research and talking to friends. To start I should probably confess to ya'll that I use disposables at night. I know, so bad! But I just haven't taken the plunge with Isaac. I worry about him feeling wet and waking up. He just started sleeping through the night 2 months ago and I just don't want to mess that up. But I'm almost out of disposable diapers and so I've decided to try cloth diapers at night once I run out of my disposables. 

So after doing a little research and talking to fellow cloth diapering
moms I think I've decided to try fitteds and covers for night. I have purchased one fitted diaper and one wool cover to start off with! I haven't received them yet but when I do I will write a blog post on how it goes and if I like it enough to purchase more!

Do you use fitteds and covers? If so, what kinds do you like? Do you use them at night? Give me any tips you have! 

2 comments:

  1. When I switched from pockets to fitteds I was nervous about leaks so I doubled up- well, actually I use prefolds- since I used double pocket liners at night. I use only one prefold with covers now with usually zero leaks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have five children. We started our cloth diaper experience in the last week of January with baby #5. I went all or nothing. He's had maybe 3 disposables on since then. Our stash pretty much includes every variety of CD there is. We have never had any leaks in double stuffed pockets overnight. (In fact, I have never had a leak with cloth diapers PERIOD.) I change him in the middle of the night when he gets up to nurse, just because he has super sensitive skin though. Recently he has started sleeping a little better and I got myself some hemp prefolds. Both of the hemp prefold blends, Hemp/Jersey and Hemp/Fleece, have worked AWESOME trifolded into a cover. He can wear a hemp prefold and a cover with no issues for the night. The most I've left him was probably 8 hours. I have some hemp inserts that I can put under the prefold when we get to that stage, but right now he's really good.

    We do have a couple of fitteds, but I am not happy with them, even as a daytime diaper. They just feel too damp for me to like them. There are GOOD fitted out there, that moms like, but I haven't used one yet LOL

    My ultimate preference is a Thirsties Duo Wrap and a Thirsties Duo Hemp Prefold (These are Jersey blends)with a Geffen Baby Absorber underneath it. I like the Geffen Baby Hemp/Fleece prefolds too. I almost exclusively use the Thirsties Duo Wraps for night time though, because the width is perfect for a trifolded prefold. Flips have worked pretty well for us with the hemp too though, because they are also pretty wide.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love by leaving a comment! <3

ShareThis