Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Talk About Me Tuesday- Peace, Love, Cloth!

What's your name? On my blog I go by my nickname, Skye.

Tell me a bit about yourself and your family. I'm a stay at home Mama to one little dude. Little Man is 6 months old today, and I'm sooo not ready for it! On my blog I call him Leo, or 'Little Man" -it's a deal I worked out with his Daddy. He's a TINY bit protective... My hubby is a firefighter, and in so many ways, my polar opposite. Somehow we fell madly in love four years ago, after knowing each other since he was 9 and I was 13, (yes, I robbed the cradle). He's tough when I'm being a pushover, and I talk him down when he gets too fired up or protective. He also keeps me from going crazy with the fluff buying, while still being supportive. *sigh* I love me some FireDaddy ;) We cloth diaper, co-sleep, babywear and I breastfeed, but I try to keep it low key. I don't like it when people try to shove parenting methods or choices down my throat, so I try not to do that to others... I figure if I put the ideas out there and people decide to do something totally different in their family, that's great. At least they're making an informed descision! We've had a bit of a struggle because my husband's family is super conservative and my hippydippy ways don't quite mesh with their ideas... but I'm slowly winning them over, and when I can't, I'm finally confident enough as a Mama to know that I'm doing what Little Man needs.

What's the name and link to your blog? Peace, Love, Cloth and it's at - http://peacelovecloth.wordpress.com/

What is your blog about/What do you like to write about in your blog? Mostly musings about my life, random thoughts about cloth diapering and breastfeeding. Little stories about life with Leo. I'm working on a couple posts about being a firefighter's wife, and I want to finally get my "birth story" posted (Don't worry, there will NOT be TMI pics or "descriptions". I promise!) I've also been working on one about being a Mama with depression - but I'm not sure if I'll be brave enough to post that one.

What inspired you to start a blog? Well... I was in labor, crazy as a loon, and I really needed a distraction. I'd been following Preemie Mama's blog for a while, and I wanted to do something similar to share my journey. I had this vague idea that I'd blog every single day through Leo's childhood... Yeah. That didn't exactly work out so well. Right now I manage to post at least a couple times a month - but I'm working on making that once or twice a week... and then who knows, maybe I'll actually hit my goal and be able to post every day. I love to write - it literally keeps me sane!

Do you have any blogging pet peeves? I don't know what I'm doing, so my blog isn't "fancy" - at all. I can't figure out how to "link" with people yet and it's frustrating - I barely have time to post, let alone learn everything I need to know to fix up my blog and find an audience. And "grabbing" buttons and "blog hops"? I'm clueless. I really want to learn, I'm just technicaly challenged and a total dork. Oh - and I really, really hate not being able to post as much as I'd like.

Do you have any big goals for your blog? I'd love to get big enough to do some cloth diaper / baby carrier reviews and giveaways, but really, I just want to write something on a regular basis that people think is worth reading.

What are some of your favorite blogs to read? Preemie Mama / amanda's blog and The Not So Secret Confessions Of A First Time Mom for sure. She's a Maineiac cracks me up, Canadas Diaper Ladies has some good CD info - but she hates the word "stash" which I happen to Iove, and thinks "Stash Mama's" are bonkers, but... I still stalk her blog. I've alway's known I was bonkers. I embrace it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! My two favorite ladies together on one page. Without you two, I'd lose it (mommy-wise anyways).

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love by leaving a comment! <3

ShareThis