Sunday, May 20, 2012

Shake, Rattle, and Roll Sponsor Spotlight! {What Children Need to Learn to Read}

I'm excited to tell you about another Shake, Rattle, and Roll Sponsor today! Michelle Vellene is the author of What Children Need to Learn to Read- The complete parent's guide to ensuring literacy, a love of reading, and school readiness and she is giving away her book to one lucky reader as part of the Shake, Rattle, and Roll prize package! 


Michelle Vellene is the mother of three children and has a teaching degree specializing in Reading and English. She created this books combining facts and proven educational techniques and fun learning activities to help parents give their children the opportunity to learn to read. 


I received this book to review and I love it! It is set up with ideas, tips, and activities to do with your children from birth to around age 5. It gives tips like read to your children every day and have books around the house and in the car so they will develop a love for reading. It provides checklists for parents to look at to ensure we are doing our best in helping our child develop language and literacy at every age. And my favorite part, it has fun games and learning activities for each age (birth to school age) to do with your children to encourage language and reading skills. I always struggle with activities and games to do with Noah that will help him learn, but now that I have this book I have tons of activities to do with him that are specific to his age and ability! There are even activities for babies! So I have activities I can do with Isaac too! The book also comes with a cd with songs and rhymes! It's so fun!


I am very excited to have this book and help my children learn to read! I love to read myself and I really want my boys to have a love for reading as well! I know this book is going to help me do that! 


Buy It!
Purchase on Amazon for only $14.95!
Win It!
One lucky reader will win the book/cd "What Children Need to Learn to Read" as part of the Shake, Rattle, and Roll prize package! 

Disclaimer: I was provided this product for free in exchange for a written review. I was not compensated any other way. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own. 

1 comment:

  1. This seems like such a great book to have! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love by leaving a comment! <3

ShareThis