Friday, August 12, 2011

Hometown Memories

Today I went to see my mom and sisters (and pick up Noah bear because he spent the night with them-can't forget little guy lol). Well my mom still lives in the town where I grew up and I am super sappy these days [stupid pregnancy hormones] and I found myself just remembering some really good times in my hometown. I really took a walk down memory lane today.

Brian picks on my little hometown and calls it redneck town or hickville (he's not really one to talk..he grew up in a small country town too), and I thought the same thing until I moved away lol. I wanted nothing more than to get out of that little town. But now I love that little town. It's part of who I am now. I miss the Friday night football games, the riding around in the parking lot at the high school, the little fiasco's my friends and I would have...including going mud bogging in the dark and stealing little "for sale" or "yard sale" road signs! (terrible I know!)

This is the town that I experienced my first heartbreak, lost my virginity, and made some of the best friends I ever had. It's where I grew up...literally and figuratively. It may be a little hick town but it is the town that made me.

Reminds me of this song by Miranda Lambert....



Do you have any hometown memories? I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. I'm from a small town, now that I'm living in a bigger city away from my hometown I really miss my parents who still live in that small town. It's funny how you can't wait to get out then when you finally do you want to go back! Hopefully one day I will get to.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love by leaving a comment! <3

ShareThis