Saturday, June 25, 2011

Help for Minot, ND!

So I have a friend that lives in Minot, ND. If you don't know already I doubt you watch much tv, but anyways, Minot, ND has been devestated with massive flooding. My friend, luckily, lives on a hill and hasn't had to evacuate her home yet, but thousands others have had to leave their homes and are living with very little or living off of others just to survive. Once this is all over there will be many who will be facing financial hardship while they try to pick up the pieces of their lives. I can't begin to imagine what they are going through.

So if you can help, help will be greatly appreciated. I asked my friend what we could do to help those in her city. They easiest way to help right now is to send money to the Red Cross of Minot or by texting "MINOT" to 90999 for the Red Cross or 80888 for the Salvation Army. There is also a program for the children affected by the flood called Minot Mousers and they are taking donations such as toys, clothes, and other things the children could benefit from.

If you would like to send items to the people, my friend Liz suggested items such as bottled water, bleach and cleaning supplies, paper plates, cups, napkins, paper towels, toilet, paper, etc. She says they will take anything though! There are so many families in need right now so there's no telling what all they will need.Even extra coupons you have lying around will be helpful to those in need!  I am going to try to get together some care packages to send to her so she can distribute them to others. If you would like to do the same email me for her address. She says if you put Red Cross, Salvation Army, Humane Society, etc C/O her name,  she'll make sure it gets to the right place. Some mail is still running but not all. Since she lives on a hill and is not as much affected as others, she is still getting mail. You can email me for her address at mommyferg02 at gmail dot com.

I leave you with some pictures of the town of Minot right now.  If you can't help financially or sending items, please help by praying for those who have been and are affected by this horrible mess!





2 comments:

  1. oh wow...that's devastating...my prayers are with everyone and their families!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a professional childrens entertainer from Grand Forks. I would like to help out the kids of Minot that are in shelters by balloon twisting and facepainting for them. Could you let me know if this would be welcomed? My website is pilesofsmilesentertainment.com I am also on face book piles of smiles entertainment.....I would love to help out:)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love by leaving a comment! <3

ShareThis