Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Guest Blog Post! Summertime Bucket List!!

Hi guys, I'm Darlene from tales of a young mamma I'm excited to be here today while Michelle is on vacation! 

I'm a stay at home mamma to a soon to be four year old little boy. I also nanny (out of my home) for a one year old boy so we like to stay busy.

Summer is probably my favorite season, and here in Colorado there is just so much to do outdoors as the season changes! I always try to make a bucket list for every season, so we can cram in mommyferg02@gmail.comas much fun as possible.

Some of the things on our Summer 2011 bucket list

*Go to the pool at least once a week. So far we are two for two on this one!


*Find 5 new parks to frequent (there are So many parks around, but I've been lazy and we go to the same 2 almost every day)

* Go to Pirates Cover for the first time. This place looks SO much fun and it's only about 30 min from our new place.


*Go to the Denver Children's Museum on rainy days- this is only 10 min from us and we have a year pass and don't go often enough



*Go to the Cherry Creek farmer's market on weekends. We have only been once and this is only blocks from our house so we have no excuse not to go!

*White Water Rafting! I've lived in Colorado for 4 years now and have yet to go, every summer I say I'm going to, yet somehow haven't gone yet!


*Find recipes and cook more 'cold meals'. Our little house get's SO hot when the stove is one, so I really need to figure out how to cut back on using the stove. Plus- learning more recipes is always useful! (Have any to send my way??)

*Boulder reservoir! Great little beach, not many of those here in Colorado!


* BBQ more often. Self explanatory. 

*Find a splash a nearby splash park. There has got to be one around here! (We just moved to Denver from the suburbs where we had one we frequented all the time)

*Mountain camping! We are only 30 minutes from the mountain, have all the camping gear we need but have yet to take Jasper camping. I think he would Love it!


*Go to the one little beach here in Denver that I've found. It's not really a beach, but it's a great place for kids to play right in the heart of Denver, we've already gone once this summer and Jasper Loved it!

So there you have it, our Summer bucket list. Anyone have any ideas of fun kid activities to add to the list? 





1 comment:

  1. I'm a new follower from Monday's blog hop. I like your summer bucket list.
    A fun activity that I just recently thought of is going on a photo walk. If you have a camera that is older or you don't care if it gets dropped or a disposable you can use that. Then go for a walk with the kids and allow them to find things and take pictures of them. Like flowers, bugs, etc.
    My son is too small for this but I love going on photo walks with B or alone.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love by leaving a comment! <3

ShareThis