Friday, May 17, 2013

I'm Ready for the Flats and Handwashing Challenge! #FlatsChallenge


The Flats and Handwashing Challenge starts Monday and I think I'm ready to begin! I need to work on folding the diapers because I'm really bad at it, but as far as supplies go I think I have everything I need!




My Supplies

  • One large container for handwashing
  • One plunger
  • Roughly 14 flats (will probably make a few more from t-shirts)
  • Two PUL covers
  • Roughly 24 cloth wipes
  • 2 Fleece Liners
  • 2 Snappis

Not Pictured- Detergent and one handmade wool cover. I will be using Eco Sprout detergent and the wool cover still needs lanolin. Also, I have a drying rack that I will use to dry the flats.

I'm pretty nervous about the challenge! Especially the handwashing part! I need to practice different folds too because I can't seem to get the ones I know right! For practice I've just been laying them into the cover and wrapping the cover around Isaac but I'd like to get the different kinds of folds down too. I will probably make a few more flats from t-shirts or either pick up some flour sacks towels at Walmart. I just don't want to run out of diapers in the middle of the day before I wash them! Hopefully I'll have enough! 

 Do you have any questions you'd like for me to address during this challenge? Or subjects you'd like for me to cover over the course of the week? I'll be blogging about the challenge every day so let me know what you'd like to know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love by leaving a comment! <3

ShareThis