Friday, May 24, 2013

#FlatsChallenge Day 5- What Works and What Doesn't!

I can't believe it's already day 5 of the Flats and Handwashing Challenge hosted by Dirty Diaper Laundry! This week has flown by! It's been a fun challenge and I've learned a lot! 

Today we are prompted to talk about what is working for us and what isn't! Thankfully, it hasn't been a very difficult challenge and not a lot hasn't worked for us. I've had to tweak my way of doing things a bit but it's going really well!

What Works


  • Staying on top of the laundry! Since it's a bit of a process I have to stay on top of it or else I end up with a bunch of wet diapers and no clean ones to put on him! 
  • Origami fold! Love this fold! It's about the only fold I can do other than the pad fold that just lays in the cover! But it's a great fold and fits around him just like any other diaper would!
  • Lots of distractions! With a wiggly 18 month old that wants to GO GO GO it can be really hard to get a flat diaper on! So I have to have lots of little toys or something to distract him while I'm changing him. 
What Doesn't Work

  • Poop? Does that count? I can't really avoid it but man I do not like it in a flat! Just yucky! 
  • Waiting until you only have 2-3 flats left before washing DOES NOT WORK! You have to stay on top of the laundry when hand washing because you  have to take into consideration the time it takes to hand wash the diapers and line dry them!
  • Things don't go to well with only 2 covers! That's all I've got and it has been a challenge. I suggest at least 4 covers if not more! 
Like I said, things are going pretty well! There's been a few challenges but I really like how simple flats are! I can just lay them in a cover or inside a pocket diaper and I'm done! Super easy! It's definitely been a great learning experience so far!

And just because he's so cute, here's a picture of my little guy making silly faces in his flat this morning! 



1 comment:

  1. I am washing as I go... but this morning I am behind... Three diapers are calling my name but my 11 mo old and 4 yr old are having one of their crazy mornings lol... good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love by leaving a comment! <3

ShareThis