Saturday, December 10, 2011

Time Management

This is something new I am learning with two kiddos. Now that hubby is back to work and family and friends are back to their own lives, I am on my own with two kids, a house to keep in order, and a blog. I find myself getting stressed about what I should do during the two short hours I have between nursing Isaac. I tell myself  "I need to spend time with Noah, but I need to fill the dishwasher before there are no clean dishes, and the laundry is becoming an insanely large mountain in the laundry room, and at some point today I need to blog or write that review that I need to post next week!"

I am learning to prioritize and let things go, which is hard for me, but I'm doing it. Isaac and Noah come first, no matter what. I had company over today and I was so busy with the boys before they came, I didn't have time to do anything with the house. But it just had to wait. I wanted desperately to clean it, but my boys needed me first. And then once Noah napped I used that time to rest, because let's face it, I don't get near the sleep I used to anymore. So the house had to wait.

And ya know what? It was ok. Because since I took the time to nap with the kiddos today, I felt much better afterwards and was able to spend some quality time with them, and then get most of my house straightened up! So having to learn to manage my time isn't a bad thing at all...it's just an adjustment. One I'm definitely willing to make for my sweet boys!

As far as blogging goes..well I'm learning to type and nurse...so maybe soon I'll be back to blogging on a regular basis! :)


7 comments:

  1. going from one to two was definitely an adjustment but now I am on number four and still trying to blog and keep a house going! It will get better:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter is 17 months old and my son is 3 months and I'm STILL trying to figure out how to manage my time! But I know I'm getting better -- slowly but surely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have a tough time with that and my boys are 4 and 9. Most times I struggle between doing what needs to be done, and taking some time for me. What needs to be done always wins though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Choosing time with your boys is always the right choice!! I know for a fact that when Allen and I come to visit, we DO NOT care whether or not you've loaded the dishwasher!! You and Brian are doing an awesome job raising Noah and Isaac!! We are so proud of y'all...we love your family very much!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny I blogged about the same problem this week...but add holiday duties to the list....sigh...it's impossible...

    http://lgoogoogaga.wordpress.com/2011/12/11/its-a-wonderful-life-for-my-husband/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the balancing act does get easier the older they get. The challenge is figuring out what works for your family. I am a mother of 7. Their ages are 11, 9, 7, 4, 4, 2, and 2 months. (plus that crazy lady that homeschools and cloth diapers) I found streamlining everything. Keep only the thing that you really need. Stop and smell the roses. Babies and kids only are little for awhile. They grow up way to fast. Love them and hold them while they want you to.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love by leaving a comment! <3

ShareThis