Monday, October 29, 2012

Using Cloth Diapers During a Power Outage!


The east coast is preparing in every way they can for what is being called "Frankenstorm" and "The Perfect Storm" ... Hurricane Sandy. Down here in Georgia we are only getting some windy, cooler weather but north of us is going to get pounded with rain, winds, flooding, and power outage. 

If you are in the path of Sandy or in any future natural disaster where you may experience a power outage, and you use cloth diapers, the question of how to clean/care for your diapers comes up. Disposable diapers seem like the easy fix, and honestly is probably what I would do, but sometimes disposables aren't always an option. 

So if you are currently preparing for Sandy or want to be prepared for a future situation, I found some great articles on how you can still use cloth diapers without power! 

The Cloth Diaper Whisperer- Cloth Diapers in An Emergency 
The Cloth Diaper Whisperer

The Eco Chic- Diapering in a Disaster 





My Cloth Diaper Stash- Prepping my Cloth Diapers for a Hurricane! 


I found these posts to be really informative and helpful and I hope they do the same for you! If you are in the path of Hurricane Sandy, please stay safe and my prayers are going out to you! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for these. We are just 2 weeks into cloth diapering and I'm pregnant with #3 first trimester, so decided to stick with disposables during the storm. Back to cloth when it's over. At least they are all clean and ready for action again.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love by leaving a comment! <3

ShareThis