Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sappy Mama Syndrome! Do you have it too?!


We are a little over two weeks away from Noah's birthday. My sweet boy will be four years old! Around this same time every year I catch the Sappy Mama Syndrome!

What is the Sappy Mama Syndrome you ask? Well, first I catch myself looking at old pictures and videos of my boys when they were little babies. Then I find myself getting teary eyed every time my boys learn something new or do something sweet. I reminisce over little clothing that doesn't fit anymore.I listen to sappy songs.  I even find myself sneaking in their rooms to watch them sleep at night!


Time just goes by way to fast doesn't it?! I have the hardest time believing that it has been four whole years since I became a mother! But it has been, and if these four years have gone by as fast as they have, I'm sure the rest of the years will go by even faster! He's going to be a teenager before I know! Life is really like that Kenny Chesney song "Don't Blink". You blink and it's gone. But at the same time watching them grow is so fun and exciting! Thank goodness for that or I'd be a sad, depressed mess! 

So now you see why I have Sappy Mama Syndrome?! It's so hard to fight it! Especially each year when my babies birthdays roll around. 

Do you get Sappy Mama Syndrome too? Do you get it around your little one's birthday or at other times too? 

8 comments:

  1. I totally have sappy mom syndrome, like all the time! I completely understand! The worst part for me is knowing one day my son will be annoyed with me and I won't be his favorite person anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is only 6 months old (has it really been half a year already?!), but I still kind of get this way when I have to put her clothes away that are too small. I can't get over how tiny her clothes were compared to the ones she wears now! ...in just six short months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get it all the time! My oldest is now 7, it is unbelievable how fast time goes. I also have a 4 year old and now a 9 month old. She is my last and I cannot believe she will be one soon. I was just going through her newborn clothes and it made me so sad (sad enough that I would love another little girl)! But hey life gets better and more interesting each phase of life they go through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am currently going through the same thing. My daughter will be 5 tomorrow and I hate it. I can't stop staring at her and thinking about how time has speed by. I have been crying like a fool all week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the time! Especially considering my little princess turned 5 today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think 4 is the age were kids get so much more mature/bigger looking and so it makes a big diff in how you feel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! You sound so much like me. My oldest is turning 4 next month and just last night he came to my room, he had a bad dream so I let him sleep in our bed. I couldn't help but just stare at him in amazement of how fast time has gone by and what an amazing little boy he's become! Time goes by way too fast... Happy Birthday to your 'Big Boy' :) My son doesn't let me call him a little boy, it's just 'Big Boy' or I get in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally get sappy mom syndrome! My oldest is six now and my second just turned two. I can't believe how time has gone by so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love by leaving a comment! <3

ShareThis