Welcome to the Fall 2012 Cloth Diaper Drive Giveaway & Fundraising Event hosted by Leettle Baby! I am really excited to participating in such a great cause! The people of Appalachia really touch my heart and I want to help in any way I can!Last spring, with your help, we were able to send 30 diaper covers and 30 cotton prefolds to the DFW Cloth Diaper Project.
This time around we would love to make an even greater impact. For this event, we would love help the Tomahawk Sustainment Mission in their efforts to expand their cause to begin a cloth diapering program that will benefit the people living in the poverty-stricken Appalachia region of Kentucky. The founder, Terri, has estimated that there were 500 children that could benefit from this program.
DID YOU KNOW? The Appalachia region covers 13 different U.S. states, encompasses 420 counties and includes 25 million people? Sadly, some of the most distressed areas have 150% poverty rate over the average U.S. rate.Why Cloth Diapers?
As many of us parents know, diapering our children can cost us a fortune. According to the Real Diaper Association, using disposables costs a family about $66 dollars per month, and about $1,600 for the first two years. Now imagine if you had to decide if your family was going to eat or spend money on buying more diapers. Some families even have to re-use their babies DISPOSABLE diapers because they cannot afford to buy more. The wonderful thing about cloth diapers is that you do not have to worry about purchasing more diapers and you can always have clean ones readily available! With this diaper program, these families will not have to spend a penny on diapers for their children.
In addition, disposable diapers are not compostable and are estimated to take 250 - 500 years to break down! Now imagine if you did not have a trash service to remove those diapers (like some of those living in the Appalachia area)...where would they go? Cloth diapers provide a more sanitary option to the environment and reduce landfill waste.
How You Can Help
A donation in any amount is greatly appreciated and is tax deductable.
There are quite a few other ways that you can help us get as many of these precious children cloth diapered as possible, just click HERE.
As a thank you for spreading the word about this cloth diapering program, Leettle Baby and a team of amazing bloggers are going to reward you with an awesome giveaway...with the opportunity to win one of the two cloth diaper prize packages!
- Thirsties 3 Thirsties Duo Wraps (valued at $38.25) 10 Thirsties Duo Hemp Pre-folds (valued at $80.00)
- SoftBums Choice of Echo/Omni Diaper One-size Shell & One-Size Pod (valued at $29.90)
- Little Bee Creations Ma Ma Cloth Starter Pack - Sizes 7, 10 &12 inch mix (valued at $27.50)
- Little Bee Diaper Co. One-size Bee Changed Cloth Diaper in Choice of Color (valued at $19.95) ** Jona from The Little Bee Co. has graciously offered to send one Bee Changed Diaper for EACH one purchased during the diaper drive event, make sure that you put "LoveAppalachia" in the comment section when you order! Shop HERE! **
- Lamb Babies Choice of Fitted or One-Size Cloth Diaper (valued at $19.00)
- Green Bees 2 One-size Diapers (valued at $16.00)
- Rock In Green 45/90 Load Bag of Detergent in Choice of Scent (valued at $14.95 - $15.95)
- Funky Fluff 1 One-Size Cloth Diaper (valued at $18.40)
- Glow Bug 1 One-Size Cloth Diaper (valued at $12.50)
- Smart Snugs NatureSnug™ Bamboo Diaper (valued at $18.00)
Giveaway is open to US residents (US & CAN residents for second prize) ages 18 and older only, beginning on November 5th, 2012 and ending at 12:01 am on November 21st, 2012. Winners will be notified by e-mail provided by the Rafflecopter form and has 48 hours to claim prize before another is selected.